If you click to join a Zoom meeting that you scheduled, but haven't signed into Zoom yet then you won't have your full host rights. You may want to record your meeting or do other advanced features, but can't select those items. You will either need either sign out completely and sign in again as the Host or find "claim the host role" if you are already in the meeting. Please follow the instructions below.
1. Click on the meeting URL and open the Zoom application
2. At the sign in window click on "Sign In with SSO" (at the right).
Note: if you enter the meeting automatically without being asked to sign in follow the steps at the bottom
3. Enter the domain name for your Zoom account. If you are on the CUIT instance of Zoom it will be "columbiauniversity":
4. Finally, you should see the UNI authentication page. Enter your UNI and Password:
5. After entering your password your meeting should load with you as the host.
What if I already entered the meeting, but need to claim host rights?
1. Click on "Participants" at the bottom of your Zoom window
2. Click "Claim Host" in the lower right of the participants panel
3. When you see this pop-up window below it will ask for the "Host Key", but what you want to do is simply "Login to Claim Host"
4. Enter your email address and password for your account and you will have host rights to your meeting.
5. Finally, enter your Username and Password (if you are using a columbiauniversity.zoom.us associated account you will need to click "Sign in with SSO" to enter your UNI)