Zoom screen sharing allows you to share the desktop, window, application or audio/video. Zoom allows you to also send computer audio to the remote attendees when sharing a video or audio clip.
To share computer audio such as YouTube, Pandora, etc. during screen sharing, click on Share Computer Sound.
1. Open your Zoom meeting
2. Ensure that you are logged in as the Host
3. Click on the green "Share Screen" icon
4. You will see a pop-up window where you select your desktop or application
5. Click the check box in the lower left that says "Share computer sound"
6. Now when you are in screenshare mode it will play all computer sounds to the audience
Thank you, Michael! Today I was hosting a Zoom meeting on my iPad, and I wanted to share a video on YouTube. I went to Share Content, then Web URL, and then I copied and pasted the YT link. Everyone would see the Youtube site and the name of the video but the video itself was black. They could hear the audio fine. I jumped on my desktop to see if I could see it there, but no. It too was not playing the video, only the sound. Any advice? Ideally, i'd love to share videos while using my iPad. I'd love your advice. Thank you!
I had the same issue as Charlyn, that is, I downloaded the Zoom app for my iPad Pro 11” and hosted a zoom meeting and hit the share button selected a video clip (mp4) from my iCloud Drive and the other person could see the video controls but it was just a black blank screen. I would love to know what I am doing wrong or how this can be resolved. Thanks.
Article is closed for comments.