If you experience any technical issues on Zoom the first thing you should do is confirm that you have the latest version of the Zoom client installed on your computer. If you are invited to a Zoom meeting via an URL link, it will automatically prompt to download the app when you click on the URL link. You do not need to pre-install the app. However, to confirm that you have the latest version you can open Zoom and check for updates:
1. Open the Zoom desktop app
2. Click on the initials or profile image for your account in the upper right
3. From the drop down menu click on "Check for Updates..."
4. Download the latest version and then re-open Zoom
5. You may want to "Sign Out" and sign back in to your Zoom client to ensure the update worked
6. If you have any issues please follow this video tutorial:
There are 3 types of updates; web-only, mandatory and optional.
- Web-only updates are available for new fixes that are being tested.
- Mandatory updates will start once you click on update. You cannot proceed further until you update.
- Optional updates will start once you click on update. You can proceed should you decide to postpone the update till a later time and update manually.
Note: If you choose to postpone your optional update, you will only be prompted to update the next time you login.