This is one of one of our most frequently asked questions we receive: Can I order food or beverages for my students, in my classroom?
The short answers are:
- Fairchild 601, 601B, 601C Classrooms - Yes, with caveats
- Lewisohn Hall Classrooms - Yes, with caveats
- All Other CU Classrooms - No Food and/or Beverages
Here's the official policy (as determined by Columbia University's Information Technology department), regarding food/beverages in CU classrooms:
"The electronic gear in these rooms is very sensitive to moisture and foreign substances. The physical spaces have been renovated as well. It is very difficult to replace broken gear in a timely fashion. New carpet and furniture will not be replaced if stained with coffee or other liquids. In an effort to keep these classrooms functional and sound, food and drinks are not allowed in any Electronic Classroom. Instructor support with regards to this policy would be greatly appreciated."
Click here to learn more about the CUIT Classroom Food and Beverage Policy
However, the SPS Instructional Support team can accommodate some in-classroom catering requests, but we'll need the following details included in the ticket description:
- Is this catering order for an academic-related event? (Please Note: Instructional Support assists with academic-related events. However we've also provided assistance with catering for non-academic events in the past and will likely continue to do so, on occasion, in the future.)
- What are the date and time?
- What is the location (e.g., building, classroom number, etc.)?
- How many people?
- What is the name of the Program Representative (e.g., Administrator, Director, etc.) who approved the catering budget?
- What is the budgeted amount?
- Will you require on-site support by an Instructional Support representative?
- Other than the Instructional Support representative, who is the Program's point of contact for this catering order?
- Are there any special dietary considerations/menu preferences?
It's very helpful to receive catering requests at least three business days in advance of your order, especially if you would like to have an Instructional Support representative assist you on-site. The advance notice helps us prioritize and provide excellent support to the SPS academic programs and administrative business units.
Very Important Note: If you do decide to cater an event, order food for your students, and/or if your students eat/drink in the classroom the onus is on the instructor to ensure the classroom is clean and free of all related debris.
We're always happy to help and completely understand that emergencies happen and exceptions may have to be made.
Thank you and kind regards,
SPS Instructional Support Team
Teamwork Makes the Dream Work!