Do we have tech equipment supplies to borrow? The short answer is "Yes!".
The longer answer is, "We're happy to help! And here are some of the most frequently requested tech equipment supplies SPS instructors and administrators borrow from Instructional Support":
- What else? We like challenges!
Submitting a Tech Equipment Request
First we have to let you know it's very helpful to receive equipment requests three (preferably five, please) business days in advance of your deadline. This helps us prioritize and provide excellent support to all SPS academic programs and administrative business units. Also, on occasion, supplies may be limited so your early request is greatly appreciated. But never fear....We're a resourceful and clever group!
Next, to ensure the tech equipment is compatible with your computer please include in your request as many details as possible such as the computer's type, brand, etc. For example laptop, Dell, ThinkPad; or, laptop, MacBook Pro.
Terms and Responsibilities
And finally, here are the standard caveats to consider when requesting tech supplies from the Instructional Support group. Note: Please include any questions or comments about a specific caveat within your ticket.
1. The employee submitting the request is responsible for obtaining and returning the equipment to a representative of the SPS Instructional Support team.
2. The equipment should be returned in the same condition as it was received.
3. The equipment cannot be loaned or transferred to a third party.
4. If the equipment is lost or damaged, the relevant SPS Program’s budget will be charged for the repair and/or replacement of the equipment.
5. The employee will return the equipment at any time as requested by the School of Professional Studies.
6. Equipment is distributed on a first-come, first served basis.
7. If the equipment is requested by a Teaching Assistant (TA) the relevant instructor must be copied on the ticket. Note: The instructor will be responsible for the equipment.
8. The equipment will be available for pick-up in the Lewisohn Hall, 214 office suite. Exceptions may be made.
9. Equipment is loaned for one term at a time: fall; spring; summer sessions. Exceptions may be made.
10. When the equipment is loaned for a term, then the deadline to return the equipment is during the week when grades are due. Exceptions may be made.
As referenced earlier, we're always happy to help and completely understand that emergencies happen and exceptions may have to be made.
Thank you and kind regards,
SPS Instructional Support Team
Teamwork Makes the Dream Work!
PS - Are you looking to borrow general supplies such as chalk, markers, flip boards, blue books, etc.? If so, click here to access the FAQs about borrowing those supplies.