Online Support Services Overview
The main function of the Online Support team is to provide technical and pedagogical support to
faculty and students in online programs at the School of Professional Studies. This goal is
achieved through rigorous training offerings, a robust helpdesk system, and a team of highly
dedicated technical support staff. We maintain a suite of innovative academic technologies and
provide access, technology guides, and best practice for leveraging these tools in online
The main roles on our team include:
● Webinar Specialists are responsible for the training, administration, and technical
support of online meeting solutions and related academic technologies available for
online class sessions.
● Platform Support Specialists are responsible for the training, administration, and
technical support of the school's learning management system (Canvas) and any related
● Senior Support Specialists are experts in either domain with a specific focus on
project-management and advanced training.
Prior to and during the delivery of an online course, SPS faculty will have access to the following
resources and services from the Online Support team, including:
● CUSPS Helpdesk cusps.zendesk.com
● Educational Technology Training https://calendly.com/cusps-online
● 1-on-1 Online Pedagogical Consultations
● Office Hours (in-person)
● In-meeting Online Class Support (for new/first-time online instructors)
● 1st Wednesday Webinars (Presentations on current online pedagogy and ed tech topics)
● Tool Administration (Canvas, Panopto, Zoom, etc.)
● And more...
If you are a new instructor or associate, you will be contacted about training opportunities at
least one month prior to the start date of your course. If you have specific questions related to
an academic technology you can go to in-person office hours with our support staff on campus,
or submit a helpdesk request online.